Thursday, December 20, 2007

More Resto Druid Conversation.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3271126490&sid=1&pageNo=1

The topic that just keeps on giving.

It's really interesting how so many people can have different perspectives of balance in the game. Most of this comes from their own experience, I'd say.

I've had my differences with Ming, some of which may be of legendary status by now... but I've always considered him to be a good rogue who is very knowledgable about the class. Sometimes I disagree with him, but usually not. And, Ming agrees that resto druids exist that can just flat out tank the best a rogue can throw at them in CASTER form. What this means is that if they are just toying with the rogue and if they actually used their full abilities it would be even worse.

Sure, these resto druids might be rare. But, they exist and as others learn this is possible their numbers will increase.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I cited your vid as nerfear and now you cite the thread!

I feel, in some way, like the great one has come down and kissed me in a purely hetero manner!

Unknown said...

Hey again,

Cheers for the response, I've just been looking at that Druid thread on the US forums. I think most of the Rogues on there claiming to have beaten resto Druids have only come up against scrubs as in my experience a Rogue simply can't dps enough to stop the HoT's and survive the thorns/roots/spamfire.

A lot of the people there don't seem to understand the mechanics of HoT's. If your bloom/rejuv is up and running before any healing debuffs are up the HoT will continue to run for the full amount despite however many stacks of WP you can land. It would take a lot of timing, skill and prediction to try to keep a Druid cc'd for long enough for the HoT's (LB especially) to wear out so that your WP will have any effect, I'd guess blind would be the only reliable method for this and again that relies on the Druid not having the PvP trinket.
As for your lower dps against a caster form Druid opposed to a warrior in a long fight the only thing I could suggest would be the use of barkskin.

Raggok said...

And the problem with blind, is that during that time the druid will regain a TON of mana. The druid I fought had something like 350 mana regen.

Typically with this kind of fight, you know it's going to take a while but you also realize that you will win if you run the healer OOM before their weak damage kills you.

But, in this case the druid just was not losing mana, they were GAINING mana in many parts of the fight.

And we haven't even talked about innervate yet. ;)

BTW, I love the people who say I need to use kick more aainst instacast HOT-casting druids.

Unknown said...

Rogues needs a dispell...YOU HERD IT HEAR FIRST....



not that it would help with lifebloom

Raggok said...

LOL, yeah.. sucked as a shadowpriest as well. All you can do is manadrain, but then go into animal form and have the game's only fully protected mana pool.