Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (Mexican)

You will never ever hear me say that someone is the "best" or "top." The reason why is because when you do that you are always indirectly putting many other people down. I even avoid phrases like "very good." Usually the best you will see me say about someone is that they are "good."

That's not an insult. It's just something I do in order to not offend other people who may also be "good."

You have not ever nor will you ever see me saying something like "Happyminti is better than Ming." All you will see me say is that I think they are both good or in this case I might even say very good.

The “very top shaman” Oozo mentioned, Dorain challenged me on PTR - Ming

Now, English is not Ming's first language (is it?) so maybe it's an honest mistake. But putting that "very top shaman" in quotation marks seems to imply that is something I said. But, I didn't. For the reasons mentioned above I would never say something like that. If you look down in my commentary about the Oozo Lives movie you will see me say that Dorain is good. There is that word "good" again!

Dorain came up recently because he is a better shaman on paper than the shaman that Neilyo fought in his movie. Just as GC is a better shaman than Dorain on paper. Notice how Ming conveniently overlooked resilience, armor, and a few other stats on his front page. Dorain is still building his gear set.

From what I’ve heard GeeCee is perhaps the most hardcore shaman to ever hit test server. He swaps to full tier 5 then trinkets, buffs earthshield, drops totems, goes back to full gladiator, drinks, ghostwolfs, and then starts the duel. This is to say that GeeCee takes every single possible advantage in order to win and from what I have seen he was very successful. - Happyminti

Dorain does none of this. He doesn't preplace totems or start in ghostwolf. He basically gives the rogue the opener as if it was regular PvP instead of a duel letting the rogue have some of his advantage back. That's not to say that Dorain is better than GC. But, these are things that you really have to take into account.

Dorain is a good shaman, but more importantly he is a good person. The only reason he is getting shown up on Ming's blog is to get at me. And, for that I'm sorry.

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and log-in right now to see if I can apologize to him in person.

P.S. Good job on splitting the series against a tough opponent, Dorain.

10 comments:

Orichumaru said...

Shrug... I don't see the point in being sooooo "politically correct..."

Ming's claiming GC is better may indeed be referring to gear as well... saying hes a better shaman can mean hes better in fights, if better gear helps with that, then yes your shamy may be just as good skillwise.

And finally, you seem to be "caring" way to much about other people. Sorry to say it but not everyone is as good as everyone else.

Ever heard of "orichumaru" as a character? Probably not. Am i offended that nobody has called me good? nope.... Do i think im as good as all the wtfpwnge geared people? Maybe... doesn't mean im offended that people say don't recognize me just because i don't have the gear or because i havnt made myself known.

Raggok said...

I've always said that the best person of a class (if there is such a thing) must be a person with both skill and gear. Gear is neccesary to be "the best," but it's not sufficient.

And, there is a difference between being politically correct, and just.... correct.

;-)

Tronzi said...

I can't believe that it seems like the only people that post here post negative things... You're one of the realest rogues out there and Ming is a coward (nitrana ownd him) who just talks shit to get a crowd. You're points on the communities hypocrisy are great (lol 'leet' rogue's posting behind alts..). Ionno tho ming will be a dick to anyone to bring a crowd or prove his leetness to other rogues, and if geecee really does that before every duel, wtf is ming really testing on the ptr neway O.o. /salute

P.S. I played on scilla a while and remember seeing your videos on Chromed... whats the story behind that char? :D

B.R. Brainerd said...

Man, you really haye to go oyertime to protect your reputation these days. I guess in the end though that's good for you.

ironclad said...

Dorain dropped Ming twice, he's good in my book. And he doesn't even have the gear GC has. Oozo thanks for your contributions to the rogue community.

Pity said...

I would like to point out that while yes GC did beat the crap out of Ming, so what if his spec is just better against rogues? If Ming really wants to equate the value of a shaman vs a simple rogue "we all know that as rogues our arena value as a benchmark is lower than other classes" and not look at all the other class matchups for that player its simply conceited.

That is even further proof that Ming brought it up just to take a potshot at Ooze. To be honest I think he is doing it on purpose because its causing extra hits on both of your sites, and he wants to use you and this rivalry to fuel his own goals.

Orichumaru said...

Not calling anybody a "top player" for fear of insulting people you don't know is an attempt to be politically correct :D

but i see your point.

Crits said...

Your blog is terrible =/

Trying to sell yourself as a top tier rogue is false advertizing.

Your pvp videos have allways been mediocre at best, and your gear has allways been VERY sub-par too.

You spend all your time responding to other peoples negative comments about you.

You have not yet produced a single new useful peice of information for the rogue community on your little blog.

You give off the impression that this whole website exists because you want attention.

Raggok said...

"Trying to sell yourself as a top tier rogue is false advertizing."

I've never tried to do that. Don't lie please.

"Your pvp videos have allways been mediocre at best, and your gear has allways been VERY sub-par too."

Yes, I used sub-par gear and I was able to beat people with much gear better than myself. It is something I'm proud of.

"You spend all your time responding to other peoples negative comments about you."

Because they are usually full of lies and incorrect statements.

"You have not yet produced a single new useful peice of information for the rogue community on your little blog."

This is not a professional information site. It is a personal blog to express my opinions.

"You give off the impression that this whole website exists because you want attention."

I'd be happy to just have 5 readers who share a similar taste to mine. I'm not looking for, nor wanting a ton of readers. Quality over quantity, IMO.

I'd be happy if Ming had never referred to this site. But, as pity noted:

"That is even further proof that Ming brought it up just to take a potshot at Ooze. To be honest I think he is doing it on purpose because its causing extra hits on both of your sites, and he wants to use you and this rivalry to fuel his own goals."

Raggok said...

Hrm, actually now that I think of it...

"Trying to sell yourself as a top tier rogue is false advertizing."

Please don't tell me you are one of those people who actually fell for what the Oozo impersonators were doing?

Because if so, you are one stupid mother....