Monday, June 11, 2007

Oozo Retires

They have hated me from the beginning. They hated me when I was killing Rank 13s and Rank14s with my Helm of Fire and auction house greens and blues. They hated me when I was killing Teir2 to Teir3 people with my PvP blues. And they hate me now for killing gladiator equipped opponents while not having any gladiator gear.

They hate me because they see me as a threat. The natural implication is that if I can kill these people, then they should be able to kill even better people without a problem. And, they hate that implication. Especially now, considering the problems the rogue has at the top teir.

But, why do they hate? I mean, I'm on the record repeatedly as stating that there are currently two different PvP games in progress. The high resilience/high rated arena game and the low resilience game. All my last movie showed was that rogue was fine in the BGs and 1v1s against people with mid-resilience or lower. I said this upfront when I released the movie. I said that my movie has zero reflection on the top level game. But STILL they came after me. They have to defame me, no matter what. You just can't have a scrub running around beating people in gladiator's gear. It's not right!

So, the 1900+ rating people who Ming was looking to recruit to his team all of the sudden turned into mediocre players... scrubs. I was ridiculed by multiple people for only being able to kill 1900-2100 opponents by "elite" rogues posting on alts. Why do you think they almost all post on alts BTW? Is it possibly an attempt to hide their scores in case things go sour?

The funny thing is this. Aside from Ming's PTR movie, Oozo Lives has the highest quality opponents by arena rating than any other rogue movie put out on the rogue forums. How f'n sad is that? All of those high rated rogues out there, who outgear me, who are better than me and not a single one of them has released a movie that has better opponents than I had in my crappy movie.... yet.

And, then Neilyo's movie comes (again apology to Neilyo) with opponents who are severely lacking except for one lone orc shaman. And it is proclaimed the "best TBC" movie by some of the very same people who flamed my 1900-2100 opponents.

The hypocrisy is just too much for me. Ming once flamed TBC movie makers for killing nothing but 6K HP Mages. Well, Ming... before you praised Neilyo's work did you take a look at the HP most of the mages in Neilyo's movie had? Yah, right around 6K HP.

I just can't stand the rogue community anymore. Sure, there are still some cool people left, but I get the feeling they are in the vast minority and the forum has been overrun by mouthbreathers who ridicule other rogues based on their armory page (except when it is one of their brethren, of course -- then armory results can be conveniently ignored).

To the rogue community, in general: You make me sick. You are not worth my time.

Oozo resigns, but will awaken someday in a different game and NOT as a stealth class which has a tendecy to draw far too many of the wrong type. It pains me to say it, but Mute... was right.

21 comments:

Venick said...

Theres too much idioticy, complaining, and contradicting in the general rogue community. You'd be better off ignoring it. I have. If I were you, I would continue making movies for fun and leave behind the proving of quality opponents. Sometimes its better to have a name then no name at all - if you know what I mean.

http://venick.blogspot.com/

Venick said...

Whats your AIM or are you still using warcraftmovies PM.

Raggok said...

Yah, you can contact me there. Going to add your blog link to front page here shortly. Looks nice.

B.R. Brainerd said...

Always liked you bro. The fact that you didn't play with top gear always put guys like you and Unsouled at the top of my list. Plus, your sense of humor was to date one of the most unique and original parts of your moyies, and was something I always looked forward to. Sad to see you go.

Idgit said...

I JUST discovered you and you're leaving already? I admire you because even in your undergeared shit you always bring the heat. It is a great loss to WoW to see you go and I'm not even a Rogue!. Send Idgitt on Shadow Council a tell and perhaps you'd be interested in rerolling. I wanna show those elistist 2000+ people that with a tad bit of skill casuals can blow their asses out of the water.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you (oozo).

In my experience, the cool/intelligent people don't usually hang out on the official forums.

You DO know about roguespot.com, elitistjerks and subcreation right?

Anonymous said...

The only reason why I even go to other WoW sites (besides my guild forum) is because of the people that I like, such as Sev, Happyminti, Dahis, you, Dask, Opet, and the other people at Shadowgaming.

B.R. Brainerd said...

BTW, I recommend Darkfall Online for rerolling if PyP will still be your thing.

Idgit said...

I just read a few of the posts on the rouge forums and completely understand what you're talking about Oozo. IMO, get yourself a good arena partner get some Gladiator pieces in Season 2 and show them all that you're a top rogue.

Jesse P said...

Sorry to see you go, Ooze. Be shiny where ever you land. I'll break out my druid shoulders in tribute to you today.

Raggok said...

I've been kind of keeping an eye on Darkfall Online. But, small companies kind of scare me.

Mijo said...

Totally agree with you on the hypocrisy, but what can you really expect? Maturity is a pretty hard quality to find from most of the rogue community and WoW in general. As Venick said, your better off ignoring the ignorant douches out there and do your thing.

Anyway its a damn shame to see you go, your movies really taught me a whole new way to play rogue and your footwork and control still amazes me. I try to emulate it, but dont do it half as well.

Good luck in whatever you do and take care.

Cake said...

So sad... On of my rogue hero is gone...

Curse on rogues' community for that.

Nano said...

I think your delivery may have something to do with the reactions you're getting in the forums. Folks don't generally like being exposed as hypocrites. When this is done in a confrontational, aggressive manner, it is gonna take a really big man to stand up and say, "Hey, you're right, I was wrong."

Also, I think there are a lot of very convienient dodges on this one. 1) The vid IS entertaining. 2) The guy did put up decent numbers in rated arena play. No, they don't address the hypocrisy, but it is really easy to set up a strawman "Oozo is saying Neilyo sux!" and counter with one of the above.

Anyway, just hopping on to say that I respect what you've done.

-Trigg 39 rogue WHO PVPED WITH OOZO!
-Nanotech

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to see you go. I really enjoyed "the Beast" and were one of the few combat rogues I enjoyed watching fight, you and Caen's pre BC video. The hypocrisy was so painfully obvious, especially coming from Ming. Whatever is convenient to support his opinion of the moment is the only thing right and true.

Ming's also one of the least qualified rogues to presume to judge anything to do with entertainment since he and those he holds dear made the worst rogue videos out there, for entertainment purposes. He and Corrupt and their 14 year old Chinese schoolgirl CD collection soundtracks.

The S:N of the rogue forums and WoM comments has dropped along with the general IQ of those that frequent it. That cancer has spread to SG. It's really no different in most public, democratized forums which all tend to succumb to entropy eventually. I watched it happen with even the technical forums on usenet, way back when. Anything that gives access to a general public just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous is fairly doomed I think.

I think all this drama has proven to me that even my "hero worship" of Minti wasn't deserved. I can only see his glowing praise of Neilyo's video as wholly incestuous in origin since it's nowhere near as fun to watch as (as you've also pointed out) Tosan's recent video which was a riot. I dig his and your sense of humor a lot and in an era of "seen that, done that" rogue pvp videos it was this sense of humor that set you apart, like the emo moments in Minti's series.

In a game of pre-determined moves and animations and only so many combinations of gear and skin you were one of the few who were able to transcend the limitations of the game's player representation with a display of personality. Most other players just won't get that but I think it's true.

Good luck. I just hope you saw some of the comments in all the various places from people that did get what you were trying to say and who were on your side.

Raggok said...

"Anything that gives access to a general public just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous is fairly doomed I think."

LOL, great quote.

And, yes. Tosan totally rocks.
I only have a mere inkling of an idea of how much work and effort he has to put into his movies. Anyone who has made movies and tried to embellish them via editting knows how much work and time this takes. And he does so much more with movies so much better than anyone else at this point in time.

And to top it off, he's got the skills too. I'm confident he could make a straight 1v1 video with tough opponents if he wanted to, but that's not what he is interested in. And, maybe it would be a shame if he ever did go that way.

In other words: If ain't broke, don't fix it.

Raggok said...

OMG, Nanotech!

It's a shame (reas as: I got lucky) we didn't get a clean fight in that EoTS BG. First fight, my cheapshot missed or something. It was bizzarre, but that alliance druid added to help me save face.
Second fight, my gouge got dodged but the game closed down just in time to save me once again. ;)

You make some very good points. Truthfully, my temper overrides my higher reasoning functions every once in awhile.

Thanks for the drop by. :)

Nanotech is the *real* reason I quit rogue. I just couldn't hack the concept of a talented warlock running around with a stun removal trinket. :(

Kensai said...

Oozo, you da man.
I posted on Ming's blog criticizing the gear/arena rating labeling. It's pure crap. Let me just say you're unique. I watched chromed's vids, oozo's vids and they're among my all time favourite, along Minti's "nerf sap", Meandro's "bring the shadow" and Beautiful's "the beautiful game". You had something that few rogues have... humility instead of ego, dignity instead of pride. I think you're one of the few (if not only) orc rogues that people know about, and you made it, you showed something unique, etertaining and funny, while proving your prowess in combat.. and atop all that, you did it with green mean orc.

You know, i leveled an orc shaman to 70, specced him resto, got him some good gear and he performs better in pvp than a rogue. I was thinking about shelving my Rogue, but no, never. I decided i don't care about nerfs or other classes, i just wanna play my all time favourite class... so in the same manner, don't heed a bunch of idiots that are all about the e-peen givem by epics, high resilience and arena ratings. Do what you do best, play your rogue. It's what entertained me in every movie you made (i almost pissed myself on DVDA - now you're a man), you brought so much more in your movies than those who want you impaled and your green orc head on a spear.

Really, i hope the Rogue class, with its ups and downs, will prevail and you will continue to play WoW.

Kensai said...

Oh and btw, right now, worldofming is down. My guess is either the sponsors pulled the plug because of the "ugly mexican" comment, or a wave of raging rogues posted there to say how full of it he is.

Either way, you win.

Neil said...

Oooz, I've always loved your movies, and your pvp style, way ahead of anybody like Ming or Niar.

Keep your head up bud. You've got your fans. We're just the silent type. :)

Zend (hemo convert)

Raggok said...

Thanks,

Personally I hate trying to compare rogues. I'd rather think of myself, Ming, and Niar as all being good rogues who just bring different things to the table.

Thanks for the support though and to everyone else as well. :)