Friday, June 15, 2007

Good World PvP Does Exist.

Adding on to earlier thoughts here. Yes, I still think that you really can't argue that you are more likely to find better opponents in the BGs in shorter time than you are able to find in World PvP. I don't think any reasonable person can really disagree with that.

However, that does NOT mean you can't find good world PvP fights. You just have to be incredibly more patient. When I got Chromed to L60 on Scilla I set out to make a world PvP movie. I mean, that is the whole reason I made Chromed to begin with. I wanted to make a glamourous World PvP movie. But, by this time BGs and the reward system was in full swing. There just wasn't much world PvP out there to be found. Of good quality anyway.

I spent two days ganking people on the Menethil Harbor boats. I had a lot of 1v2s and 1vNs (because of all of the lower level people adding in, heh) but when I went to examine the clips later closely what I saw were a bunch of people not fighting back or fighting back poorly. People who were AFK. People who just turned aimlessly doing nothing.

Let me tell you exactly when I gave up on trying to make world PvP movie. I spotted a L60 dwarf priest fishing on one of the boats, he had some gray 30ish toon standing next to him. If you recall, Chromed was using a prep dagger build that had blade flurry. So, I popped blade flurry, stealthed, and ambushed the dwarf priest. I oneshot both of them. The ambush and white hit killed the priest, the blade flurry damage killed the graybie.

I oneshot a L60 priest with a single ambush. The guy had no armor factor and around 2K HP unbuffed or something.

So, that is why the ICOBN series is almost entirely in the BGs (there are maybe a couple of world PvP clips in there).

The whole reason why I'm bringing this up is because a mage named Drifting contacted me and I went to go check out his blogsite http://worldofdrifting.com/. He has some of his movies posted there so I checked out the most recent one. Rogue and mage movies have always been the most entertaining movies for me to watch and Drifting's movie delivers in a big way, IMO.

It's all world PvP, but he doesn't just fight clueless fresh L70s in here. He actually fights people on his gear level that know how to fight back. This is what a world PvP movie should be, IMO. And, I can fully appreciate the patience he had to display while making this movie. You can tell he was looking for good competition by the clips he choose to include. It must have taken forever to get this many good world PvP clips. Well worth the download, IMO. Highly suggested by Mi... erm, I mean Oozo.

I'll be checking out his other movies later when I get the time. BTW, I'm kind of thinking of doing a "blogs or movies of the day type of thing." Something similar was suggested by Drifting himself.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea because the other day someone mentioned "Raddy's blog" in that ugly Ming v. Oozo thread. Radikal is a well known PTR mage. (His first PTR movie was great, BTW. Better than Ming's IMO for presentation.) And, I believe he is working on or has just put out another PTR movie. Anyway, it took me forever to find his blog via a googling expedition. It might be nice to have kind of a central hub for blogs like that.

I'm not looking for a huge audience, of course, but just for people who might share my tastes and sense of humor.

Until later.

Oh, and be sure to check out Venick's blog for a rather interesting arena screenshot. WTG, Venick! Stick it to the man! ;)

5 comments:

Meric said...

Oozo--

Next time link Raddy's Blog... now for my own googling expedition.

Also, glad you dropped the Ming thing.

Unknown said...

Nice Oozo, love the link to Venick's blog with the screenshot. I think that is pretty much priceless. I'll check out the mage video when I get home from work, I use to play a mage as well.

Raggok said...

Atkin,

Hehe, sorry. I planned to link it in a later post. I'm still trying to figure out how to organize a bunch of blog links. Here you go.

http://www.radikalnoise.com/

Unknown said...

Venick's blog is an awesome read, thanks for the link.
He seems like a nice down to earth guy and it is kinda nice to read something besides the whole "woe is me" business going around on.. more known blogs and forums

Ddd said...

thanks for the responses, mate. i'll link you later on my site, going to set up a blogging section linking the community together