Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Thoughts on the Tosan 4 (preview)

Tosan4 (preview)

Tosan,

This is in no way a flame directed towards you. You are very upfront about the type of movies you are putting together. You want quick, fast action. You admit that your goal is not necessarily to put tough opponents in or to show your skill. Hell, you even admit that the warrior in the first clip got on an alt and asked you to stop fighting because he wanted to farm elementals.

This is directed to the rogue community, in general.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
PvP footage was excellent
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The editting, pace, and action were all excellent but some of his opponents were extremely lacking. The first warlock only has 8300 HPs. That is absolutely horrible for a demo warlock. I've never seen a L70 warlock with that low of a HP pool. Now, the protection warrior did have 13K HP, but as mentioned above he was far more interested in fighting water elementals than other people. His mainhand was a 1.6 speed blue weapon and he had a max dmg range of 250 dmg.

The second clip has Tosan attacking the half-health warrior while he is fighting a water elemental and he gets cheapshotted by a rogue. That rogue goes down amazingly fast. Yes, because the rogue only had 40% health when he attacked Tosan to begin with. Quite frankly, this scene would have never made it past the cutting room floor for any of movies because they weren't full health and one of them was fighting an NPC. But, it looks great with flashy editting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
Ganking in world pvp is basically the only way you can 1vN anymore nowadays with our sad dmg output compared to high HP :( Even bad players are hard to multi-fight nowadays cause we can't thistle tea triple backstab CB evis the first 1 to death lol ;P The good ole days!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QFT. World PvP is about the weakest PvP you can get (people who don't want to PvP, people in PvE gear not PvP gear). However it does open up the possibilities for 1vNs and string kills since they are weaker opponents.

Again, you are very upfront about this Tosan. It's the rogue community, in general, I'm disatisfied with (check my new sig!). Can't wait for the full version.

Addition: Needed to add this since some people insist on reading too much into things.

Saying that some of Tosan's opponents suck is not the same thing as saying Tosan sucks. Tosan has got skillz, IMO. <3

-

9 comments:

Jesse P said...

Tosan has proven he has skills, and a good sense of humor is his previous movies.

I suspect this movie comes out of wanting to show what another oddball spec can do, and also wanting to make an entertaining, if not 100% educational, movie.

Anonymous said...

Ugh...link to post please? I also like how you disallowed anonymous comments.

Raggok said...

The link is at the very top of the posting. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh.....

/stealth

Cake said...

I think /vanish would be more effective !

Oh wait...

Cake said...

Ok... When will it be available ?!

Akumu X said...

Sorry it's long, but I don't know your e-mail. =p

Rather than post on Sev's journal, or whatever the fuck you want to call that childish debacle that is his blog, I will say that I'm surprised you let the children get to you.

This game is RIPE with kiddies like the comments on his, well, comments section. You know "Shut up ooze!11! ur gay go suck a [random body extremity and nonsensical string of 11 yr old curse words]"

Fact is the Rogue class brings in most of the children. Been through a few guilds. PvP a whole lot. That's my perception. Why? Ninja. Everyone wants to be a god damned ninja, and play the stealth class. (I can't blame them, it's one of my favorites.) That Naruto anime isn't helping things to change that. Morons and arrogance abound. I actually worry that I cling on to good Rogues because they're so fucking rare. (Good players in general are a commodity, tbh.) Dear god some of the people that 'criticize' Rogue movies (of which you seem to have quite a few 'fans') and their weak bullshit. There's just no winning. I've OFTEN thought about tinkering around with a Rogue PvP movie before I quit my Rogue. I stopped because I knew I'd be torn a new asshole for any myriad of minuscule problems. These cocksuckers have a laundry list of things, and if you don't meet the list they WILL rip you apart.

Anyway, I'm in your battlegroup. I even commented to you a month ago on my Warlock in AB about how I was a fan of your movies. (I don't expect you to remember, as I'm sure you get that a bit.) They entertained. The music was usually good. The action was good, and you could actually do humor. (Unlike MANY.) You didn't bullshit people like that waste of fucking carbon Ming does, because apparently when an arena 3+/5 Warrior steps in a battleground he automatically forgets everything about his class...until a duel flag drops down, of course.

I'm just sad to hear you quit Rogue, and sound quite eager to move off of WoW. Sure it's the worst fucking community of people this side of the mother fucking Ku Klux Klan, but it's the good movie makers that kinda take you away for 10-20 minutes with said entertaining movies.

Basically, your Rogue movies will be missed. Wish I knew your Shad Priest's name. I've been living in AV that last few days. Mighta seen you around...

Raggok said...

Hey, wow. Thanks for the support. It just seems like so many people are taking what I say and twisting it around or just flat out lying about what I said in the first place.

"I stopped because I knew I'd be torn a new asshole for any myriad of minuscule problems. These cocksuckers have a laundry list of things, and if you don't meet the list they WILL rip you apart."

Very astute, there is a laundry list. But they are not consistent with it. Basically, if you are an outsider you will get flamed. They really hate it when rogues of lesser gear can kill people with better gear. They freaking hate it.

But, hey... get some rogue in top-end gear mauling people he severely outgears and it's NP. The rogue community has really gone to shit since the Arena came out.

"Basically, your Rogue movies will be missed. Wish I knew your Shad Priest's name. I've been living in AV that last few days. Mighta seen you around... "

Thanks. Her name is Iwl. And I wasn't kidding when I said I quit playing Oozo a month ago. I've been levelling her and even put out a 66-68 movie with her. I didn't want to make it public because they people who hound me on the rogue forum will no doubt come and hound me on the priest forum.

But, what the hell... let em come, I guess.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=108249198&sid=1&pageNo=1

Akumu X said...

Thanks for the link. I liked the video and music, not to mention how they meshed. I have a 70 Undead Priest myself. (Was Shadow up till a week ago. Now Disc/Holy as my Warlock has sort of taken her over as my 'magical dmg dealer') Point being I knew a lot of what you were doing. Seemed right on. A fair % of the alliance were numbskulls, but that's the risk you take by doing anything other than dueling against confirmed 'top dogs.' Too much of that puts me to sleep, anyway...and it's not like you could do that at 66-68.

Ignore the clowns on the Priest forums /sighing because you're Undead. Fact is, Undead scream Shadow Priest/Rogue/Warlock. Putting up an UD video should not be an automatic X marks off of your over all score.

Keep on truckin', man.

See you around.